I was not a big success as a student. I didn’t enjoy studying, and no matter how hard I tried I never came top in anything (except social science and art, the two subjects I liked). I was disappointed in myself, and it limited my outlook on life. And then by chance, I discovered the profession of creating clothes. It was like being struck by lightning. Through designing and making clothes, I could express my creativity and bring delight to people. I had never dreamed that work like this existed and I loved it. I threw myself into the study of clothes so much I didn’t want to stop to sleep.
Another thing I discovered when I was younger was the value of teamwork. I realized how working in a team with an inspiring leader multiplies the power of the individual. And this was why I joined a company. Through close daily co-operation and sometimes even confrontation my colleagues and I pursued our goal of shaping our dreams into clothing.
Over time we were able to bring great pleasure to our many customers, and eventually we bought our division from the parent corporation and took it private as our own company. And that is how GALERIE DE POP came to be.
When I first began working in clothing, I determined that I was going to meet challenges head on and never run away from difficulties. And all of us are united in our determination to rework and refine even the tiniest details to realize our designs. It’s what you would expect from people whose first love is creating clothes, and it’s the vision/mission that unifies GALERIE DE POP.
Tsukasa Kobayashi, President, GALERIE DE POP
About our Corporate Philosophy
To guide everyone at GALERIE DE POP in working to a single vision/mission, we have
drafted a corporate philosophy that defines our core objectives and values.
- Making everything we do a clear expression of our core objectives and values as we continue to strive for the ideal.
- A set of standards that allow individual employees to determine the appropriate actions to realize our corporate philosophy.
- A short, symbolic phrase that expresses our corporate philosophy in a memorable way.
By sweating the details, we create the clothes we love to
delight our customers and to please ourselves.
- GALERIE DE POP rests on five premises:
- 1. We are clothes-makers.
- 2. We love clothes more than anything else.
- 3. Our clothes beautifully combine “natural” and “stylish”
- 4. We obsess about every detail.
- 5. We leverage teamwork to bring out the best in our staff.
- Through these five premises and our creativity, we aim to maximize customer satisfaction and fulfill ourselves. In short, we are not happy until our customers are happy a mutual satisfaction that comes from creating clothes that please both our customers and ourselves.
- Creation and delivery of clothes
- GALERIE DE POP is a clothes-maker. The clothes-maker’s mission is to create clothes that meet his or her standards and the needs of the customer; to deliver them in a timely fashion; to provide value beyond price; and to delight customers with their purchase.
- No compromises for the clothes we love
- We love clothes. And for the things we love we make no compromises, because to do so is to deny ourselves. Uncompromising care and attention for the clothes we love and create is what we demand of all who work at GALERIE DE POP.
- Natural and stylish
- Defining a natural and stylish look with words alone is difficult. To achieve our beautifully balanced, natural and stylish look we maintain a company-wide dialog that draws on the strengths and inspirations of staff across all departments to realize the best in products and services.
- Obsessing about every detail
- We devote ourselves to the details of what we love, but the ultimate measure of an item is the customer’s appreciation: we can only judge our creations after they are in the customers’ hands. So we always keep the customer’s satisfied face in mind as we work and rework the details.
- Leveraging Teamwork
- A company is a team, as are the individual divisions and departments. And while we believe in the individuality of each of our employees, we also stress the value of teamwork. Because we believe it’s the team and the team leader that brings out the best in each individual.
- Bring delight to customers
- At GALERIE DE POP we have two objectives. The first is to go beyond simply pleasing our customers. We want to delight them with the natural and stylish clothes we love.
- Live with pride
- We live for what we love. The challenge of doing what we love so deeply is well rewarded by the pride we feel when a customer is delighted. And this is the second of our objectives, our ultimate objective: to please ourselves by delighting our customers.
When you love something, there can be no compromises. And to give up on what you love is to give up on yourself. At GALERIE DE POP we live for what we love it is our way. We devote ourselves to creating fine, beautifully-made, natural and stylish clothes that bring enjoyment to every day. Clothing that delights customers. This is what we love, and what we live for.